Last August 16th I went to give a borondo (walk) in the XXI edition of The Festival Petronio Álvarez in Cali. I dare say that it is the most important festival of the Colombian Pacific. Here thousands of people gather to pay homage to their Afro culture.
In this version the slogan is “A song to the woman of the Pacific” where they want to highlight the contribution and meaning of women in the Colombian Pacific.
What I recommend is to visit the different stands and crave to taste the great amount of sea food. They can be delighted even more. Be careful it’s aphrodisiac …
Finally, you should take a tour of the curious crafts. Do not forget to buy the pitch, the tomaseca or the biche to go happy to enjoy the concert. And put those handkerchiefs flying to the sound of the drum and the marimba.
This year the festival also releases its memoirs through the book “Incomplete Guide to the Festival Petronio Álvarez, 1997-2016”. This book takes a tour of the festival’s 20 years since its inception, as a meeting of friends.
I had the opportunity to make a collaboration with my friend Jose Tombe who is also starting his Blog. I recommend it totally so follow it in their networks. He is passionate about folkloric, entrepreneurship and travel around the world. For me a crack on the Instagram.
My experience in Petronio Álvarez
To take into account
- The entrance to the village coliseum is totally free
- There is a price list of the products
- On August 19 is presented Timbiquí Heritage
- August 20 is the final concert with the presentation of Chocquibtown
- Go with comfortable clothes and sneakers.
Do you want to know more about Colombia click to the following link of elviajedeljaguar Colombia
Do not forget to visit my social networks and follow me.
– Facebook :::: https://www.facebook.com/elviajedeljaguar/
– Instagram :::: https://www.instagram.com/cemayorga/
– Youtube :::: Canal de videos #ElViajeDelJaguar
– Twitter :::: https://twitter.com/cemayorga